Career Opportunities with PFG
Quality Advice…Quality Advisors
The role of the Financial Advisor is to enhance member and client relationships through providing holistic, scalable, planning advice and the sale of Investment, Insurance, and Estate Planning products.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Leverage fee based financial planning tools to help clients reach their personal education, business, retirement, and estate planning goals.
- Conduct Investment, Insurance, and Estate Planning sales within a defined territory.
- Provide Financial Education services to Credit Union Members.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) from four-year College or University: or Associate’s Degree (AAS) from two-year College or equivalent job experience.
- Possess valid FINRA and State Insurance licensing certifications (Series 7, Series 65 or 66, and Life and Health Insurance).
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred: Credentials recommended.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Need five or more years of experience in related financial planning/sales field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a clean credit and U-4 CRD history.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work independently and consistently with minimal or no direction and proactively demonstrates initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Pays close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent grammar skills to initiate, interpret, and compose documents. Basic math skills. Maintains high level of confidentiality. Ability to develop excellent presentation materials.
- Excellent decision-making/problem solving skills relating to highly diversified, most complex financial planning issues. Utilizes computer, general office equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct prospective client interview, implement the client’s financial plan, and provide servicing appointments with commitment to client satisfaction.
- Perform pro-active prospecting activities to Credit Union members and Prospecting outside the financial institution in order to bring in new member relationships.
- Maintain and document, via Sales Force, regular client annual review meetings to enhance client relationships and to identify additional sales opportunities i.e.: Insurance, Estate Planning, and Financial Planning.
- Provide consistent training to Credit Union personnel.
- By implementing contests, lobby days, and new business development.
- Provide monthly branch training.
- Follow weekly branch rotation schedule as directed.
- Follow credit union policies for compliance with all laws and regulations, specifically, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, Security Policies and Confidentiality Policies.
- Perform all related job duties and office operations in accordance to established Credit Union and broker dealer policies and procedures.
- Utilize all technology and fact finding profile forms as required for compliance review including Branch Net and Sales Force.